[CUBE] Panther October 24

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Wed Oct 8 12:52:22 PDT 2003

On Oct 8, 2003, at 11:51 AM, Rod Clifford wrote:

> Regarding the finder preview pane-is it always open or is the graphic
> Apple shows for the finder what appears after

If you're talking about the "iTunes-like" Sidebar in the left side of
the Finder then it is always there. You can close it but the setting is
stored on a folder by folder basis unless you disable the toolbar, as
well. Why these view options must be connected is beyond me.   :-(

> double-clicking the drive icon? Also, is the preview pane
> customizable? The network shortcut icon will be great here at
> the office but useless at home. Ditto if you don't use iDisk.

There are several default objects that you can turn off via the
Finder's new Preferences. You can also drag other icons into the
SideBar that you might want quick access to from there.

> Overall tho I'm starting to like the convenience it will offer.    Rod

I'm undecided as of yet... The old toolbar seems to accomplish most of
what the new Sidebar offers and it took less space.

John T. Folden
http://homepage.mac.com/jtfolden/