[CUBE] iBook to Cube

Ann Billups abillups at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 07:41:11 PDT 2003

The directions on Apple's web site say to shut down the computer you
are going to use as the "target disk", connect the firewire cable, then
start up the target computer (iBook) holding down the "t" key. I had
trouble originally with my old iBook, and now my new 12" powerbook, if
I don't shut down the target computer. Also don't connect the cable to
the iBook before you shut down.

Make sure the laptop is powered off. Also don't forget to eject the
laptop icon from the desktop before you shut down the laptop when you
are done. And shut down the laptop before disconnecting the firewire
cable.

I don't know why, but with the cube, not having the laptop powered up
when connecting/disconnecting the firewire cable is important.

On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 01:40  AM, Patrick Blaya wrote:

>>> If I connect my iBook via Firewire to my Cube,I don't get the
>>> Firewire
>>> Icon on my Cube's Screen,whats wrong ?

Ann Billups
abillups at earthlink.net