[CUBE] Introducing: The PowerCube Enclosure

david sarcastix david at sarcastix.com
Mon Oct 27 20:42:15 PST 2003

I actually think it's a good idea, nicely designed, intelligently engineered
AND COMPLETELY RUINED BY THE POWERLOGIX LOGO ON THE FRONT!!!

It is as if they do not understand AT ALL what the CUBE is about.

It reminds of going to a sales or corporate meeting, and they give EVERYONE
a gift, and you pull off the ribbon, and open the box, and you see a
beautiful Tiffany sterling silver letter opener, and it's engraved "GMC
TRUCKS".

Or TWA.

Or Johnson & Johnson.

They had the money and the taste to buy you a fine gift, that you would keep
forever, but they COULD NOT resist screwing it up by engraving the name of
their company on it.

No one is going to forget that POWERLOGIX made the enclosure.

So, if at all, the POWERLOGIX logo should be on the BACK. And smaller.

It's nothing to be ASHAMED of, but in my opinion it does not work on the
front.

I'm sure that the wonderful people at POWERLOGIX make fine products, but no
one is going to look at the case and say "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, you
have a POWERLOGIX!!!".

Yes, APPLE put the 'apple' on the front of the original housing, but it
actually looks okay.  AND Apple is a brand that is recognized, and if you
care, coveted by many. And lastly they MADE the freakin' computer.  Without
APPLE there would be no CUBE.  It makes no sense for the logo to be that
big, even though POWERLOGIX has done fine work in the creation of it.

It's like buying a brushed aluminum body for your 'Vette or '64 XKE Jag, and
on the hood it says "MetalMasters, So. California".

So POWERLOGIX big on the front, suggests to me way too much credit for only
making the enclosure.

If anything it should have an Apple logo on the front, or BETTER yet, a
stencil cutout.  Unless it is illegal to use the logo, then they should make
a deal with a shop that will add the logo, or stamp out the logo, or put a
decal or SOMETHING.

Or NOTHING!!

No Logo!

MYSTERIOSO!!!

MONDO MYSTERIOSO!!!!!

I wonder if I can buy one without the logo.

Best,

David Sarcastix

http://www.sarcastix.com

Laurie A Duncan10/27/03 3:00 PMlaurie at cubeowner.com