Optorite DVD-R drives

Chip Everts chipeverts at mac.com
Thu Oct 30 07:51:35 PST 2003

Hello Cubists! I've looked all over online for this but thought because many of us Cube owners probably use external devices- someone might have the answer. I've been eyeing these cheap Optorite DVD-R drives to put into an external Firewire case. $115 for a 4x DVD burner- not bad. Anyone tried it with OS X? Officially only supports Windows. Here's a link to the one I was looking at: http://store.yahoo.com/livewarehouse/frprmashopdd.html
And a link to Optorite's website: http://www.optorite.com/  OR http://www.optorite.com/dd0203.htm
These also use the Sanyo HD-Burn technology that allows you to double the capacity of CD-Rs. Wondering if anyone has tried that as well. I contacted Roxio and they said pretty much any drive will be recognized by Toast, but maybe not the HD-Burn. Any help is great appreciated!