[CUBE] Panther

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Fri Oct 31 12:00:11 PST 2003

Sean wrote:
> It seems to be a problem with the Oxford922 chipset, so I wonder if the
> Firewire 400 drives that are problematic are using that chipset
> instead of
> the 911.

I really, really want to caution people against believing this.  It's
Apple's stated theory (and LaCie seems to agree, they've provided a
patch - see
http://www.lacie.com/news/news.htm?id=10059 ), but only explains a
fraction of the problems people are seeing.  It's likely that there are
multiple problems and that Apple has only found one of them to date.

Since 90% of my data is on FW disks, I'm going to hold off for quite a
while here.

	-- Todd