[CUBE] My huge problems in upgrading to Panther

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at mac.com
Fri Oct 31 14:30:48 PST 2003

Entity Steve Goldstein spoke thus:

> CRASH...TINKLE...BURN ...
Ahem...might I now expound upon the advantages of PARTITIONING?

It's a breeze to reinstall your OS on a partition. You simply erase the
existing OS and start over. If you want your userfolder as another partition
it's a wee bit more work, but you can reinstall without losing any personal
stuff.

As of 10.3 I have a policy of keeping a working backup of my OS on the
inside partition, it's such an insurance policy and I can boot into the
backup to repair permissions.

-- Gnarlie •
http://www.Gnarlodious.com/Entities/Computer/Cube/Cube.html