[CUBE] My huge problems in upgrading to Panther

K Peex1 kpeex1 at cox.net
Fri Oct 31 22:39:46 PST 2003

On Oct 31, 2003, at 11:41 PM, macjedi at mac.com wrote:

> I have always kept my user folder on a separate partition, and it's
> just
> a quick trip to NetInfo Manager to point the system in the right
> direction.

Would you elaborate on this "quick trip to NetInfo" or perhaps point me
to a link in the right direction for keeping Users separate? Your
strategy has been my goal.

I know I saw instructions at one time on keeping a "portable" Users
folder -- one with my personal non-OS installed apps, docs, and
settings. I always seem to run into permissions
(and other) problems. For the OS, I'd like to be able to an erase and
clean install and then link  to an intact Users folder.

Thanks for any pointers...
Kevin