Radeon 7500 long term in Cube?

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Tue Sep 2 13:37:27 PDT 2003

I'm wondering if anyone that has been using an Apple OEM Radeon 7500 in
their Cube can share their experience. Specifically, I'm considering
going to a Radeon 7500 (Apple OEM pull) in my Cube, which already has a
base fan) and am considering running it as is (no fence, no added fan
on the card) and hope to hear from someone that's tried this for a
while. I've heard that running it without a fence and with a base fan
is enough.

I've run a GF2MX and a GF3 in my Cube and would also love to hear
anyone's thoughts on performance comparisons with the 7500. I've anly
seen head-to-head comparisons with a GF4MX. I'm not thrilled with the
fan noise from the GF3 and am considering the Radeon 7500 as a good
middle ground replacement. My current configuration is 500mHz stock
processor, 1GB ram and WD 100GB SE drive.

Any info is appreciated.

best,
-Hal