[CUBE] GF3 vs. Radeon 7500

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 13:16:36 PDT 2003

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 01:19 PM, François Menu wrote:

> The temperature benchmark is an easy one: The GeForce 3 needs
> absolutely a fan, the Radeon 7500 runs fine without a fan (even in the
> long term, it seems)

This seems to be the case. I'm running a Radeon 7500 (with no fence) in
my Cube, and the temperature (as reported by Thermoindock) seems to be
about the same at idle as I saw with a GeForce 3 (with stock GPU fan).
I have a low speed (7v) base fan installed, which appears to do a good
job cooling the system with either card.

I guess if I get really bored, I can swap cards and run a Quake3 demo
and check framerates with both cards ( I still have both cards). I was
just hoping someone else had already tried this.

C'est la vie.

-Hal