[CUBE] OT -- Safari going limp on me

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Sep 7 15:13:34 PDT 2003

> I have been experiencing Safari's going "limp" on me: I can navigate
> alright to a page, and even fill in fields, but, when I click on a
> button on the page (maybe the second or third time in the sequence, if
> not the first time), nothing happens.  (Examples: uploading a photo to
> a Yahoo group or trying to "Process/Submit" an order at Buy.Com, or
> navigate around in my bank or credit card statement.) Yet, I can Use
> Mozilla or Navigator or IE (shudder the thought), and all is OK.  I
> "reset" Safari from its menu, and that did not help.  I really like
> Safari, and all this is fairly recent.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Sorry, I'm not able to offer any solution - but I can confirm that
Safari still has a fair share of bugs, many of which I encountered
recently while building a web site. Try Richards suggestion to clear
the cache. For the time being, I have switched to Mozilla since it
seems to be least troublesome. I'm waiting for the next Safari update
impatiently.