[CUBE] Sudden death

Russ Maehl rmaehl at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 12 15:19:45 PDT 2003

How dead is dead?

Does the power disappear or is the power on and the screen black?

Just recently I had the problem where the Cube was on, the screen was black,
and no response from the keyboard.  The problem turned out to be the energy
settings.  Normally I disable all this nonsense (never has worked reliably)
and just use the screen savers.  For some reason the settings had reverted
to default, and the settings were spinning down any connected drives.

I set everything to ''never', and all was fine again.

Russ