[CUBE] Sonnet 800mhz upgrade sleep issue

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Sun Sep 14 04:34:57 PDT 2003

On 2003-09-14 12:40, Dan Pinto wrote:

> After weeks of running my sonnet upgrade I just noticed that if using
> the apple menu sleep selection (which I normally do) my cube sleeps and
> wakes just fine.  The fan also stops.  If I leave it running until the
> energy saver puts it to sleep the display sleeps the hard drive sleeps
> but the fan continues to run?  Anyone have any insight on this issue?

Check your energy saver preferences. Are you sure you've set the computer to
sleep? If you choose "show details", you can set the timing for the various
options separately. Maybe the system itself is set to never sleep (maximum
performance setting).

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups