[CUBE] OS X Installation (slightly OT)

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Tue Sep 16 15:48:31 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 06:34  PM, Rod Clifford wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 02:33  PM, herr friedl wrote:
>
>> do you mean the folders called "Desktop (OS9)" and "Applications
>> (OS9)"?
>
> No-to clarify:
> mach (OS9)
> cores (OS9)
> var (OS9)
> etc (OS9)
> tmp (OS9)
>
> All are aliases owned by the system.   Rod

Actually, NONE of these should have (OS9) in their names. That fact
that they do seems rather odd and makes me wonder if the real objects
are, indeed, hidden as they should be. These are actually OS X files
and I doubt OS X would be running if they were misnamed.

John T. Folden
http://homepage.mac.com/jtfolden/