[CUBE] Disk Copy (was OS X.3)

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Wed Sep 24 13:14:35 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 16:06 US/Eastern, John T. Folden wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 11:56  AM, Eagle wrote:
>> On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 11:51 US/Eastern, John T. Folden wrote:
>>> What they did to Disk Copy is a bit of a shame, too, imo.
>>
>> What did they do to Disk Copy?
>
> Removed it!!!  :-p
>
> Disk Copy is now gone and most of it's features have been integrated
> into Disk Utility. The idea is not bad in and of itself but now
> creating, manipulating and burning disk images is a lot more
> cumbersome, imo. For example, a lot of Disk Copy's functionality could
> previously be accessed via the context menu of it's Dock icon. This
> feature is now entirely absent from the "new and improved" Disk
> utility.  :-/

Sounds like my favorite feature is gone too.  I quit using DropStuff
because I was able to use Disk Copy to create a disk image from a
folder - you do this by dropping a folder onto Disk Copy.  I will
really miss that functionality in Panther, as I use it to make remote
backups of my Quicken data.

Eagle