[CUBE] Jaggy bitten

Sergey Zak mancubus at macbox.ru
Thu Sep 25 07:51:18 PDT 2003

Right! and the right commands to use look opposite to what Riba said!
(thanks anyway - it was in formative nevertheless):

mount -f /
cd
ln -s /private/etc etc
ln -s /private/var var
ln -s /private/tmp tmp

mach link recreated automatically
while experimenting with what is really needed, I found out that if you
omit tmp link,
a folder is created in it's place and to get rid of it use

rm -rf /tmp
then the last ln command

after happy booting use Disk Util to repair permissions (otherwise my
dial-up would not work)
By the way, anybody knows how can bundle apps be launched from the
command line?
E.g. the Internet Explorer.app is a folder. How can one start it from
shell?

Thank you guys!

On Четверг, сен 25, 2003, at 22:17 Asia/Ulaanbaatar, J.C. Webber III
wrote:

> Sergey Zak wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> after 2 years of happy usage I managed to 'bite the Jaguar' -
>> I trashed the shortcuts at /
>> VAR, TMP, AUTOMOUNT, something else?
>> Anybody cares to give me the LN commands needed to recreate those?
>> I am happily booting into shell now instead of GUI...
>> --
>> All you need is love.
>>

> How bout:
> lrwxrwxr-t   1 root  admin         11 Sep 25 07:08 etc -> private/etc
> lrwxrwxr-t   1 root  admin          9 Sep 25 07:08 mach -> /mach.sym
> lrwxrwxr-t   1 root  admin         11 Sep 25 07:08 tmp -> private/tmp
> lrwxrwxr-t   1 root  admin         11 Sep 25 07:08 var -> private/var
>
> --
> J.C. Webber III
> Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator
> jcw at kingoblio.com (home) www.kingoblio.com
> Please, if you use Windows, do not add my address to your Address Book.
> I do not wish to be spammed or have my email address hijacked by a
> virus
> and used for fraudulent purposes.  Thank you.

None of me exists.