[CUBE] lying on the side

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Fri Sep 26 02:16:27 PDT 2003

Jake asked:
> Hi, Is it safe to run the cube on its side ? e.g. putting the apple
> logo
> at the bottom. anyone here on the list actually runs the cube on its
> side
> extendedly?

If you don't have a fan, I'd recommend against this.  The cube depends
upon being oriented vertically for its cooling  - hot air rises out
through the top vents and draws cooler air in behind through the
bottom.  If you place the cube on its side, you'd be interfering with
that cooling.

If you have a fan it should be less of an issue because the fan would
be driving the air movement, rather than the rising of hot air through
the central core of the machine..

Hope this helps,

	-- Todd Masco