[CUBE] Jaggy bitten

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Fri Sep 26 09:23:16 PDT 2003

Sergey Zak wrote:
[ Charset KOI8-R unsupported, converting... ]
> Right! and the right commands to use look opposite to what Riba said!
> (thanks anyway - it was in formative nevertheless):
>
> mount -f /
> cd
> ln -s /private/etc etc
> ln -s /private/var var
> ln -s /private/tmp tmp

A point to note:  The commands to create these links is the
reverse of what you see when you ls(list) the links.

ie

ln -s private/etc etc

ls -l etc
lrwxrwxr-t  1 root  admin  11 Sep 25 20:27 etc -> private/etc

The first one says "link private/etc to etc"
The second one says "etc is linked to private/etc"

Get it?

8^)

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator