dead FW?

Francois Barbary franc-b at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 29 01:18:17 PDT 2003

hello everyone, it's been a long time since I posted, glad to see that
the board is still active!!!
well recently my fw devices have stoped working, and was wondering does
anyone know of a sure way to know if i need to bring my cube in for
repairs. I am weary of doing so because the cube is such a different
computer im afraid some idiot will screw it up...

here are they symptoms.
1) ipod doesn't mount, cant see it in the terminal, or techtools, or
system profiler... same with my external fw drive.
2) ipod still charges when plugged in computer.

other things... hd, and ipod dont mount on brothers imac ether. don't
know why. but i've had this mounting problem before and it was due to
corrupt volume header blocks. norton fixed it for me.
but now norton doesnt see it ether.
well... hopefully someone's had some can offer some advise
thanks,
Francois