dead FW

jallan at freeuk.com jallan at freeuk.com
Mon Sep 29 14:19:02 PDT 2003

hi

well, is it is dead there is no repair only replace and you can do that
yourself.

what about booting it from a recent utility like Norton Systemworks CD and then
seeing if a FW HD mounts.

At least that way you will eliminate software from the equation.

If it does not [ ... and the CD does on some other Mac ] then you need to
replace.

you have done oall the zapping your PRAM, re-installing your software thing?

John

<quote>

well recently my fw devices have stoped working, and was wondering does
anyone know of a sure way to know if i need to bring my cube in for
repairs.