[CUBE] Cube entertainment centre

Benjamin Ing vbing at mac.com
Thu Apr 1 16:35:18 PST 2004

I just got a new eyeTV 200 that works through the firewire port.. It
supposedly is designed only to work with G4 500MHz machines, but it
seems to be working ok with my Cube 450. I think that it might be
dropping frames occasionally, though, so I am going to have to look
into speed upgrades. Since I really, really like the fact that the Cube
is silent (it's in the bedroom that my wife and I share along with the
baby), I am not looking forward to the prospect of going with a speed
upgrade that might induce noise.

Has anyone upgraded a Cube 500 to one of the faster aftermarket
upgrades? I might be interested in some sort of swap so that I could
get specified performance out of the eyeTV! Is the only difference a
processor swap, or was there something else on the motherboard that
differentiated the two models?