Cube upgrades vs. new Powermac

Chip Everts chipeverts at mac.com
Mon Apr 19 10:41:08 PDT 2004

Hi Cubists.

I started thinking the unthinkable. I might sell my cube. I'm itching
for expandability (more hard drive space and less external devices).

But I'm still thinking in the corner of my mind about upgrading my
stock 500Mhz cube. I really can't afford a DP G5 right now, so I was
looking at the DP 1.25 G4 towers. I'm sure my cube would feel like a
new machine with a 1.2  upgrade, new hard drive, and maxed out RAM.

But is it worth it?

Has anyone had consistent success with the hack to allow bigger hard
drives in their cubes?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm always willing to look at the
cheaper route and/or the most bang for my buck.

Thanks,
Chip