[CUBE] Cube upgrades...

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 19 12:49:05 PDT 2004

     Michael Swale wrote:

>Well I have had my G4 500 cube for a while now, and it's just not keeping up
>with my 1.25 tower.
>
>I want to upgrade the video card from the G-force 2 32mb to a G-force 3, but
>I can't seam to find one under $300!! Is there and source for a faster card
>that needs to modifications to the cube to work?
>
>Next, I'm already at 1.5gig ram
>
>There is also a WD 7200RPM 8mb hard drive waiting, what was the stock one? A
>5400rpm 2mb? I'm just wondering if this will really be a upgrade, or just
>more HD space.

     According to MacTracker, the original drives were 20, 30, 40, or
60 GByte; I believe they were all 5400 rpm. My guess is the original
500's had the 30 Gbyte drives stock, perhaps higher capacity options
in CTO configs or later in the product life.

[snip]
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA