[CUBE] Cube upgrades vs. new Powermac

CARLOS CORDOVA CCORDOVA at SPRYNET.COM
Wed Apr 21 07:45:36 PDT 2004

hi,

what is, and where can i get this hard drive hack?

thank you so much,
carlos cordova

-----Original Message-----
From: Cube List [mailto:Cube at lists.themacintoshguy.com]On Behalf Of Phil
Mitchell
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 6:46 PM
To: Cube List
Subject: Re: [CUBE] Cube upgrades vs. new Powermac

keep in mind that the G5 has NINE fans!!

pm
On Apr 19, 2004, at 2:46 PM, Alex M wrote:

> Unfortunately, I've been thinking the same thing :-(
>
> I wondered about getting a 1.4ghz upgrade, and I'd be able to stay
> with OS
> 9, but with a new G5, OS X is the only option. I want to get the most
> power
> out of the machine as possible as I'm really getting into multitracking
> audio and video stuff.
>
> I also don't want much noise with it either! I remember when I had a
> B&W G3
> - it seemed so loud over the cube! and I'm sure most things will sound
> loud.
>
> Anyone any other ideas???
>
> Alex
>

> on 19/4/2004 5:41 PM, Chip Everts at chipeverts at mac.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Cubists.
>>
>> I started thinking the unthinkable. I might sell my cube. I'm itching
>> for expandability (more hard drive space and less external devices).
>>
>> But I'm still thinking in the corner of my mind about upgrading my
>> stock 500Mhz cube. I really can't afford a DP G5 right now, so I was
>> looking at the DP 1.25 G4 towers. I'm sure my cube would feel like a
>> new machine with a 1.2  upgrade, new hard drive, and maxed out RAM.
>>
>> But is it worth it?
>>
>> Has anyone had consistent success with the hack to allow bigger hard
>> drives in their cubes?
>>
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm always willing to look at the
>> cheaper route and/or the most bang for my buck.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chip

> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>  T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!

>    Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

>   Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<Cube-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Need help from a real person? Try.  <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac ISP
Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com

 T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!
Dr. Bott|   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/T3Hub.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

ADC Extension | Extend the built in cable of your flat panel by 10 ft.
  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>