Resposta: Re: [CUBE] WEB Hosting through an Airport Extreme

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Wed Apr 21 15:01:12 PDT 2004

I didn't give the proper importance/attention to the 210 vs 201 thing as I've always assumed it as a typo, but if it isn't, then Eagle is correct.

LM

<<< eagle243 at mac.com 21/ 4 19:31  >>>
On Apr 21, 2004, at 12:51, atoa at krak.net wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Bumala, Robert W wrote:
>> Luis,
>>   In a nutshell, my problem is:
>> 1. The WEB site works perfectly stand alone (i.e. http//10.0.2.201/)
>
> But only from within the LAN, right? How Luis is able to use a
> non-routable IP from outside the LAN is a mystery to me.
>
>> 2. The WEB site works perfectly with just the computer connected to
>> the net (http//www.bumala.com (or http//207.213.217.244))
>> 3. With the airport connected to the net and set to map port 80
>> through to 10.0.1.210 port 80, the web site times out.
>
> I hope that's a typo. Do you really mean 10.0.2.210? If so, that's your
> problem.

Bob,

Indeed, I hope you have a typo there -- the typo would be the "210"
versus "201."  You mean "201" right?  If you are having your AirPort
base station forward to 10.0.1.210 when your Cube's IP address is
10.0.1.201, that is the problem.

Eagle