[CUBE] Cube upgrades vs. new Powermac

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Mon Apr 26 19:56:58 PDT 2004

atoa at krak.net wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, J.C. Webber III wrote:
>
> > Phil Mitchell wrote:
> > > keep in mind that the G5 has NINE fans!!
> > >

> > Keep in mind that it's still quieter than a G4 Powermac.
> >
> > Keep in mind that having nine fans means that they can all work a lot
> > less (eg:  slower, quieter) than one or two fans trying to cool the
> > whole box.
>
> You may be correct as factual matter, that the G5's are quieter than the
> G4's, but your logic escapes me.

Are you just trying to be argumentative?  Obviously, my point was
you can't go just by the number of fans to predict the noise level
of the box.  More fans means less work for each one, means they
run slower and quieter.  What's so confusing about that?

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator