[CUBE] CPU upgrades...

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Tue Apr 27 03:06:45 PDT 2004

7457s are supposedly cooler than all the previous chips. All the posts/forums/discussions I've read mention that coma issues are now solved. Plus, PL's now @ 1.4Ghz and I guess this is the fastest chip in the upgrade market for cubes right now.

If I only had the money, I'd choose PL... definitely.

Just my 0,02 eur :)
LM

>>> riba at hi.hinet.hr - 2004/04/27 10:54 AM >>>

Well, if you add the Cube kit the price is about the same between
Sonnet and Giga...and Giga offers 50 MHz more. Sonnet is longer on the
market though, and I have heard very few problem reports regarding
their CPU Cube upgrades. They used to be the most expensive, but now
they are almost the cheapest option.
About the 7475 - if it works, I don't really care what's under the
hood. A real Mac user attitude :)