[Cube] Cube *NOT* For Sale - I Actually Have a Question!

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Fri Dec 10 00:12:54 PST 2004

With all these cubes from prominent list members for sale, I don't know if
there will be anyone left to answer my question, but here goes!

I just moved from the US to Germany, and a week or so ago my Cube arrived
by ship. After waiting a day or so for it to warm up to room temperature,
I fired it up and everything seems to work great. Video, Hard drive, RAM,
CPU upgrade, firewire, USB, ethernet. I haven't checked the modem, but I
don't know if it worked before the trip.

Anyway, there was one problem - a couple of small chunks of styrofoam
(apparently from the original packing boxes) somehow worked their way
inside the case, between the clear plastic and the metal box that the core
slides into. These little white chunks o' styrofoam are wedged in there
pretty tight, about half-way up between the top & bottom. So I guess 60
days of rocking & rolling across the Atlantic is what did it. They are all
in the back of the cube, so I don't see them but it still bothers me
knowing they are there, ruining the aestehtics of this beautiful machine.
However, I can't figure out how to get them out.

Is there a way to separate the clear plastic from the metal case inside?
Of course, I want to do this in a non-destructive way.

Thanks!

Allan