[Cube] No sleep (OS-X 10.3.5)... what can I do/where to search?

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 09:33:05 PST 2004

It is possibly a recurrence of the Cube's original problem with the
static power switch that Apple fixed with a thicker switch gasket. Two
of my 3 Cubes eventually developed the problem though none had it
initially. One can diagnose it by pulling the core and disconnecting
power to the switch if one has an ADC display that can start the Cube.
If that fixes the sudden shutdown or sudden startup problem, it's the
switch/gasket.

Since my Cubes have ADC displays, I just left the switch disconnected
since I don't think you can get the fatter gasket from Apple any
longer. Other fixes include putting a piece of thick paper over the
switch on the core before reinserting the core. That worked for me too
but I decided not to leave the paper there adn disconnected the switch.

-Bill