[Cube] Cube - Transfer songs from record to CD

Peace54 at aol.com Peace54 at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 00:34:07 PST 2004

About a year ago I bought an Edirol UA-3 USB Audio Interface at an Apple
store.   Although I have only used it to copy audio cassette to my Cube's hard
drive, it should also work for any device, including a turntable, which has two
RCA audio jack outputs.   An RCA cable runs from the stereo or cassette player
to the Edirol UA-3, then a USB cable goes from the Edirol to the hard drive.
You still need software to capture the audio input; I have used both Sound
Studio and CD Spin Doctor to do this.   I'm sure there are many other apps that
could do it all as well.   I use Roxio Toast to make the CDs.
I have used this method to record a number of different audio cassettes.
Mostly I have recorded songs for plays my wife does with her first graders; it's
much easier to cue up these songs on a CD than to rewind the tapes.   The
results have been great.
As I said, it should work just as well for a stereo with a turntable as it
does from a cassette player as long as you have the RCA out jacks.   (For those
who don't know, RCA jacks and cables are pretty much the standard cables used
for audio and video transfers.   An RCA jack - male - has a round metal outer
edge and a solid metal pin in the center; female jacks are receptacles for the
male.   Sorry, ladies, I didn't invent the terminology.)
Phil Holmer