Memory question

gooddog at interlync.com gooddog at interlync.com
Fri Feb 6 18:57:03 PST 2004

Thank you all for answering. Here's my situation:

We've decided to keep our Cube once I realized it could answer many of
our needs, and turn it into an external hard drive for video/ remote
GUI (don't know if I'm saying this quite right) that I can network and
access via my 500 mhz iBook. I want to be able to use Virtual PC on a
fast processor (upgrade Cube to 1.2 or 1.4 ghz and pump up memory) for
the only Windows software I have I want to use, for a writing project.

The plan so far: upgrade the processor, memory and hard drive (120 gb)
and network it using remote VNC type stuff so we can have a better
system for our various writing and film projects.

What I can't figure out just yet is if I can get by with removing the
32 mb memory and putting in a 512 mb next to the two 128s, bringing my
memory to 800 mb.  This would seem, along with the processor upgrade
and hard drive, to make the operation of the Virtual PC snappy and
crisp. Is 800 mb enough for what I'm trying to do?

I welcome comments and suggestions.

Thanks.

Mark