[CUBE] Audio/Voice conferencing on the web

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Sun Feb 8 07:08:59 PST 2004

<rant>

I'm very disappointed with Squidcam for cross platform video
conferencing.  It has a long way to go to achieve anything like the
insanely great, simple, flawless experience that is a Mac to Mac video
conferencing with iChatAV.  What Apple's done with iChatAV is no small
achievement.  They should again consider freezing hell over and selling
this application on the Windows platform for $29, or heck, $59 - they'd
own the market.  Nothing works better in my experience.  Not iVisit,
also crap (by comparison), Squidcam, etc..  Aside from the fact that
you're chained to the AIM-user requirement, it could be a killer app.
Partner with a pee cee accessory manufacturer on a USB 2.0 cam for best
compatibility, and they'd have a nice formula.  And you wouldn't have
to use the crappy official AIM client, loaded with ads (that blink, no
less).

</rant>