[CUBE] Cube not showing protect Zip disks

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Feb 12 10:30:49 PST 2004

Hi there Listers,

I've been experiencing exactly the same issue since 10.3 (aka Panther) came out. I've been in touch with people at Iomega through their 'live chat' services and all they tell me is... "Please note that current Iomegaware software is not Mac OS 10.3 compatible".

My workaround(s)...

Boot in a Mac OS 10.2.x (aka Jaguar) and/or Mac OS 9.2.x (aka Dead Cat Walking :) with the latest Iomegaware software installed and read/write protected zips will show up without a glitch.

Note that the latest versions of Iomegaware are available for download through their website: http://www.iomega.com/

Good luck,
LM

P.D.: Sorry... I forgot to ask. What Mac OS do you have installed on your G3 Ibook?

>>> tmandesign at mac.com - 2004/02/12 18:13 PM >>>
I'm running OS 10.3 on my Cubes and neither can detect a password
protected zip disk on the USB drive (connected directly to the
computer); unprotected disks show up fine even connected through a hub.

The same protected disks show up fine if I connect the drive to my G3
laptop, so it seems to be Cube related somehow. Can anyone verify?
Thanks!