[CUBE] OT: Thank you all -- Griffin and freebies

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Fri Feb 13 12:29:15 PST 2004

At 8:34 PM -0600 2/12/04, gooddog at interlync.com wrote:
>what's the consensus on Griffin Technologies

Excellent

>and their ability to deliver goods on time?

Good, once it is in production.  But, sometimes, their production
date slips a bit.

>What's their quality like?

Excellent.

Griffin's freebie, Final Vinyl looks promising. I intend to use it to
convert some old vinyl records through my Griffin PowerWave (iMic is
cheaper and also works fine with it):

Final Vinyl is an audio recording and editing application designed
for the Griffin Family of audio devices. It features a custom digital
audio interface and complements iTunes or Quicktime Player.
In addition to being a fully functional general audio editor, Final
Vinyl allows the recording of vinyl records using just the Griffin iMic
and a turntable. Previously, the entire stereo system would be
needed. Now, the record player can be connected directly to the iMic!
Final Vinyl can be used to record instruments, microphones, reel-reel
tapes and any other analogue source plugged into the iMic. It
includes a 10-band equalizer that is capable of significantly altering
and enhancing users sound input. It also allows auditory and visual
editing of your audio.

Also, check out Ambrosia's freebie called "WireTap."

WireTap notes

WireTap allows you to record any audio playing through your Mac,
saving it to a file for later listening or processing.  This allows
you to record news from Internet radio stations such as the BBC News
, record the audio from your favorite game, etc.

WireTap works using a simple tape recorder-like interface.  Simply
click the record button, and any audio playing through your Mac will
be recorded to disk.

The technology in WireTap will be coming to a future version of our
video/screen capture product Snapz Pro X.

For more information/help on using WireTap, please launch the WireTap
application, and choose "WireTap help" from the Help menu.