[CUBE] anyone have wake on lan working?

Richard Kimmel rdk at kimmel.us
Tue Feb 17 05:59:27 PST 2004

On Monday, February 16, 2004, at 08:34 PM, Richard Kimmel wrote:

> but since I've switched to a G4 Cube I've never gotten it to work.

The plot thickens. After repeated experiments in which I put the Cube
to sleep by touching the "power spot" and waiting for various times
until I try to wake it up, I find that if I send the magic packet
within 5 seconds of putting the system to sleep it will wake up. After
5 seconds, it just ignores the packet and sleeps on. I wonder what is
going on here. Is there sleep, and then "deep sleep"?

--
rdk