[CUBE] Scanner Choices

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Tue Feb 17 06:56:45 PST 2004

Hi there Listers,

Rod: I'm an HP 3570c user... It has an A4 (bleed size) generous table / it supports 35mm slide and negatives scanning / It's USB 1.1 and 2.0 compatible / it's Cube look-a-like / It's cheap 8)

4670 should be even better. In the end... I'm happy with the hardware, but not the software though.

Just my 2 cents,
LM

>>> rod at eslickdesign.com - 2004/02/17 14:45 PM >>>
I would like some thoughts on types of scanners everyone is using.
With the arrival of USB2, the new HP 4670 scanner would be nice.
Reviews indicate
some graining and a shift to yellow. Would like to scan slides and negs
(another feature
of the HP). Always been under the impression USB scanners are like
molasses (especially given
older USB speeds).
Slide quality would obviously not match a dedicated film scanner but...

Current scanner connects via firewire & I'm happy with speeds but, as
optics progress
resolution increases as well. Again, not looking for pro results, just
satisfactory for home use.

Rod