[CUBE] Scanner Choices

Barry Sidwell bsidwell at frii.net
Tue Feb 17 09:20:49 PST 2004

I'm curious... I also have the SCSI-based Minolta film scanner, and
generally end up booting into OS 9 to use it. Anyone have advice on
X-native scannerware (other than Vue-Scan)?

Also, is the HP4670 "really" OK? I've been increasingly frustrated at
HP's lack of decent software support for their printers (or at least
for my HP printers), ...so much so that I'm thinking of switching to
an all-Canon setup. But I sure do like the design of the 4670...

Finally... any personal experiences comparing Firewire v. USB2.0 performance?

Thanks,

Barry