OT: Quicktime 6...

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Mon Feb 23 12:22:07 PST 2004

Software update tells me to download QuickTime, and then asks me for a
bunch of registration crap after I do... I never got any registration
info from Apple [That I can recall], so it is not possible to fill in
the form... So, not giving a rip about QuickTime, I cancel out of the
form... But Software Update keeps telling me to download the POS
again... What's the deal?... I can't get anything from Apple at all...
I THINK I bought QuickTime Pro back in my OS 9 days, but I never used
it for anything, so I really don't want this software [I'm not even
sure what the heck it's for, other than playing video off the web and
internal musical instruments, neither of which I use... EVER!]... Is
there any way to get Software Update to stop bothering me with this
particular software that I don't want or need?... I had the same
problem with the Hard Disk Update... I knew I didn't want it, and I
knew I didn't need it, but I finally downloaded the thing to keep from
being bugged about it [And, of course, it told me that "There are no
disks present that require updating" ;^/]... All I want to be able to
do is tell Software Update: "You see this particular software here?
[QuickTime, iSight, Bluetooth, iCal, iMovie, etc.] I don't want to be
informed about updates to this software for this computer EVER!"... Am
I asking too much here?...

Pep