[CUBE] Defrag?

David Iverson nebdave at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 13:13:07 PST 2004

I have a stock 500 with an upgraded HD and graphics card.  Since I upgraded to Panther, I seemd to get a lot of long pauses with the lollipop/beachball that I do not recall getting on any of the other OS versions.  I do leave it on 24/7, and since it is noted in the questions below, I would be interested to know more about problems that doing so might create.  I always thought the cube was a good candidate to be a server, which would imply continuous uptime.

Perhaps there is something else that I am missing; originally, I thought it might be Safari causing the problem, but it occurs on other applications on and off the internet as well.  Any additional thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Other than that nuisance, the machine has performed well over the last two years I have owned it.

Dave Iverson