Ethernet card question

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at mac.com
Mon Jan 12 22:12:07 PST 2004

A simple question.

I can plug my TiBook into a Winbox and the line will be recognized and I can
mount both disks.

But plugging the same Ethernet cable into my Cube and it's not even
recognized as being plugged in. The "Ethernet LED" doesn't come on.

Does this have something to do with autosensing of crossover cables? In this
little menage a trois will one modern Ethernet card connect with a straight
cable to a nonautosensing card? Does my Cube have an autosensing Ethernet
card? What kind of cable do I need to connect 2 Cubes?

-- Gnarlie •
http://www.Gnarlodious.com/Entities/Computer/Cube/Cube.html