[CUBE] Ethernet card question

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 05:35:50 PST 2004

you're talking windows, right?

it'll work if you use a crossover cable, and each have an ip address,
say 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.2, netmask of 255.0.0.0, default router of
10.1.1.1 on one machine, and 10.1.1.2 on the second.  then you can
mount the hard disk for the windows box on your tibook using OS Xs smb
mounting capabilities on the tibook, or from the windows machine if
you're running samba on the tibook.

the other posts are about firewire target disk mode, which basically
turns one of the computers, whichever was booted in that mode, into a
large firewire disk that can be mounted on the other machine not booted
into that mode, but it only works one way. confusing enough?