[CUBE] Does anyone have a 7457 in their cube?

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Jan 16 02:37:44 PST 2004

Hi there to all,

Allan: What about sleep mode? Does this 1.4 GHz 7457 fixes the coma issue?

Thanks,
LM

>>> allan at hise.org - 2004/01/16 01:30 AM >>>

I just got my Powerlogix 1.4 GHz 7457 installed.
Xbench Before (450 MHz): 64.97
Xbench After: 122.65

Not quite 2x. Strangely enough, the hard disk score dropped in the
upgraded run. Not sure why. Other than disk, the new cpu smokes the old.

Excerpts from Xbench.
			New		old
CPU Test		167.49		50.33
Thread Test		118.26		40.15
Memory Test		101.94		77.72
Quartz Graphics Test	146.27		71.28
OpenGL Graphics Test	126.54		61.30
User Interface Test	219.27		100.51
Disk Test		70.09		102.02	*huh*??
	Sequential	92.09		104.42
	Random		56.58		99.72	*this is weird*
		Uncached Write: 30.85	93.82	*this kills it *
		Uncached Write:	58.08	101.14  *and this *

What happened to my drive?? The CPU is th eonly change. And teh fan, of
course.

BTW, I barely notice the fan, at least with my wife's Linux box in the
same room.

allan