New Hard Drive & Cooling Fan

William Dawdy tucsonmac at cox.net
Fri Jan 16 14:11:19 PST 2004

Hello
I am planning to replace the original 20 GB Hard Drive on my wife's G4
cube with a new Seagate Barracuda 80 GB Hard Drive. I used this same
model 80 GB Hard Drive on my G4 400 tower as a second (slave) hard
drive and it works fine after a year +.
(1) Comments on this or a better Hard Drive? (I downloaded a PDF on
replacing the cube hard drive.)
(2) Will it require the addition of a cooling fan to the cube? We live
in Tucson AZ and it does get a tad warm.
(3) Who makes a good fan kit for the cube? I heard someone has one with
a blue light, I assume it's like the UFO for the G4 iMac which has a
blue light.

Thanks
William