Permissions

David Iverson nebdave at mac.com
Sun Jan 18 09:38:02 PST 2004

Off topic, I guess, but I have encountered a curious problem with
permissions as it pertains to MS Office on my Cube.  I have the latest and
greatest from Apple's OS X (Panther), and my version of Office predates its
installation.  I created three user's accounts on this computer with the
express intention of separating my work from my wife's and that of my
daughter.

When in either of their ID's (no problem on mine, since I am the
administrator), any attempt to open a component of Office results in the
message that say's the user does not have permission to open that program.
I have looked at, reviewed, and tweaked the "Ownership & Permissions" tabs
in many ways and get the same result.

Perhaps Cubeland dwellers can guide me through and out of this morass.

Dave Iverson