[CUBE] Airport to airport?

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Mon Jan 19 20:19:02 PST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Ann Billups wrote:

> I found using my Cube for a basestation was unsatisfactory. Its range
> was only about 30 feet and had no strength of signal unless I was right
> next to it.
[snip]

Just as a data point, I find the range quite acceptable with the cube as a
basestation.

I can take my iBook almost anywhere in the house and get 4 bars in the
signal strength indicator. A couple places drop to three (like the
basement, 2 floors down). Somewhere in the unattached garage behind the
house, about 80-100 feet from the cube, is where I lose it completely. I'm
sure anyone parked in front of the house can pick it up, if they can guess
my outrageously simple WEP password.

Allan