Panther Install

Rod Clifford rod at eslickdesign.com
Wed Jan 21 07:06:40 PST 2004

To those who have installed Panther.
1. Did the "Optimizing Installation" take about 20 min. (install disk 1
process)?
2. Any difficuly with opening folders?

Did an "upgrade" (as Apple calls it) last night on the cube-seemed to
crawl (abt 1 hour for install), but it has been a while since
I did a fresh Jag install. Also pokey when "upgrading" the iBook from
10.2.8 to 10.3 yesterday afternoon.

Double clicking on folders is pretty hit & miss-have to do cmnd "O" but
some do respond to the double clicking (?)
I KNOW I should have done "archive & install" from prev comments
but......

Did upgrade to 10.3.2 after the initial install was complete (also
10-15 min "optimization")
Things were pretty zippy in 10.2.8 by comparison

Stock 450mHz, 750(or so)RAM-Thanks for you thoughts, Rod