[CUBE] DVD-Writer

Sam spappal at gte.net
Wed Jan 21 09:18:27 PST 2004

I think iDVD will run, if you can get it, on a drive-less CPU. From
iDVD you would not burn the disk, but create the TS_Video file and
then use toast to burn. Toast will recognize most external firewire
burners, I have a TDK 840 I use with my G4.

It may take awhile to encode (import to iDVD) on a 450 G4, many many
hours for an hour of video i would guess. You may not be happy.  If
you are serious about DVD, It may be much easier just to buy yourself
a super drive equipped MAC, new or used.

Your other option may be to put one of those slot loading super
drives used in powerbooks inside the Cube.

Again I have not tried it....  yet

Sam