[CUBE] Halo on a Cube (follow up)

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Thu Jan 22 00:45:51 PST 2004

> Did you ever purchase Halo & install it on the cube?-How is it?

Yup. I even run it on 450 MHz Cube with Radeon 7500 which was supposed
to be almost impossible. I didn't even lower all settings to low :) At
times it is jerky, but I did finish the single player game on it, and
enjoyed it at the same time.
Now I'm not a fan of first person shooters, far from it. Last game I
enjoyed was Deus Ex, and that is because it is not a brainless shooter.
Halo has a definite Bungie touch to it, a lot of things reminded me of
Marathon. The scenery is beautiful, the aliens scary and funny,
depending on the type ;). There is a good atmosphere throughout the
game, some really nice touches, but the single player game is rather
short and at the end I felt like it was just the training ground for
the multiplayer action.
True, Halo is a brainless shooter at the end, but there are many things
that make it much better than the usual FPS. The weapons are as
realistic as can be. The sound and music is brilliant. I like the fact
that you can only carry two weapons at a time. The vehicles are
fabulous.
But what made it really stand out is the physics. I enjoyed throwing
grenades just to see stuff and enemy being blown away by the blast.
I think this game is worth buying if you are about to upgrade or have a
CPU upgrade and plan to spend some time in multiplayer battles. One of
the rare games that might appeal even to FPS-haters :)

Hope you find this useful...