Update to Panther

Gary gary at santamariamug.com
Thu Jan 22 07:06:21 PST 2004

On Jan 22, 2004, at 12:45 AM, Cube List wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am using OS 10.2.6 and thinking of upgrading to Panther.
>
> Do I need to do the hard drive update, and/or go to 10.2.8 first? Any
> issues I should be aware of? I have a 450 cube with 1 gig of RAM and an
> 80 gig Barracuda drive. Has this gone well for others?
>
> Any advice appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Marty

Hi Marty,

I have a Cube with your specs as well.

You do not have to update to 10.2.8.

Do this:

Insert Panther Disc 1  . . .
Double Click the installer . . .
Key in your Password . . .
Computer reboots into Panther's Disc . . .

Note: Mouse up to the Blue Apple ...
Click - hold - mouse down to Disk Utilities . . . Release . . .

When the Utility Program opens, click over to First Aid  . . .
Select your Hard Drive . . .
Click on the Repair Button!

When complete, exit.
Now you are back to the installation screen ... proceed.

These steps worked for me . . . I has a smooth transition from Jaguar
to Panther . .

Gary