GeForce3 dying - options?

kevin at 216websolutions.com kevin at 216websolutions.com
Mon Jan 26 06:57:29 PST 2004

450 mhz, Panther installed.

The fan on my GeForce3 runs only intermittently, with consequent quick
over-heating. While I consider my replacement options, which of the
following is possible or advisable?.

1) Stick in a Twinview from a G4 tower- the archives seem to indicate
that this is ok, despite the smaller heatsinks. Downside is that the G4
will be out of service.
2) Run the Cube without the enclosure, and see if the temperature stays
lower. I know that the SS says one shouldn't, and I know that some
enclosures are designed to facilitate cooling. Is that the case with the
Cube?
3) Run the Cube headless, with the GF3 (and AGP riser?) removed, and
either ssh in (remote access enabled) or, optimally, use VNC or ARD (both
are installed).