[CUBE] Panther Behavior

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Mon Jan 26 12:55:15 PST 2004

Be careful of trusting journaling too much, you must still have an
active backup strategy.

I've got my "wind tunnel" G4 Powermac on a UPS and journal all my
drives - but my boot drive corrupted its partition a few days ago.  I
started getting reports of "bad inode" every time I tried to create a
file on it, and it wouldn't mount any other drives.  Disk Utility, as
usual, did squat for me.

Fortunately, I was able to run to an Apple Store and buy Disk Warrior.
It cleared everything up very nicely... but if it hadn't, I still have
a backup image on an external FW disk.

	-- Todd